About the Role
Uber is a technology company that is transforming the way the world thinks about transportation and reinventing the way we move people and things. We are building technology that people use every day. Whether it's heading home from work, having a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or offering an opportunity to earn extra income; Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter and more connected and we're doing it at a global scale by energizing local economies while bringing opportunities and solutions to millions of people around the world.
Uber's Business Development team is looking for a charismatic, experienced and hands-on team member to expand our suite of Australian and New Zealand (ANZ) strategic partnerships. The Senior Business Development Associate is someone who is deeply interested in the long-term success of our partnerships and thrives in a fast-paced technology company.
What You'll Do:
• Collaborate with ANZ leadership to formulate strategy and identify how to drive extraordinary impact to business priorities through business development activities.
• Pursue, evaluate, support negotiations and ensure execution of top business development opportunities in the region while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.).
• Review deal metrics and communicate impact to internal and external stakeholders.
• Prepare and deliver business reviews to senior management team regarding progress in the business development space.
• Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of our company.
• Support in the development of long term, mutually beneficial relationships with senior executives of current and prospective partners.
What You'll Need:
• Around 5+ years of experience in business development with exposure to the tech industry, management consulting, investment banking, private equity or corporate M&A experience - we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements.
• Analytical skills with ability to combine business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals.
• Experienced in cultivating, negotiating, and growing business partnerships.
• Strong interpersonal skills that allow you to build trust and negotiate hard with partners, and adeptly manage the cross-functional coordination (product, local operations, engineering, finance, legal) required to implement deals.
• Adept at building and delivering presentations.
• Adaptability to change within a fast-paced corporate environment.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.