About the Role
As one of the world's fastest growing companies, we're building new businesses and opening new markets every day. As cities adopt independent regulations, a complex and continuously evolving set of behind-the-scenes operations is required to continue delivering the best possible experience for drivers earning on our platform.
Uber Canada is looking for a sharp, highly motivated, and highly organized individual to join our Regulatory Operations team as a Strategic Operations Manager, to take direct responsibility for critical operations, and help us build the operating model for a brand-new industry that is being regulated for the very first time.
In this role you will join a stellar Canadian team that is at the forefront of how Uber is building out these capabilities globally, and you will leave your fingerprints on one of the most important parts of our business. You won't just tackle critical business processes; you will also build new workflows, and optimize and scale what we do in new markets and regions. In that effort you will work with a variety of internal and external partners across the continent, and will train and coordinate teams to support our operations. Finally, you will gain exposure to Uber's ever-evolving business with an opportunity to grow a meaningful career at Uber. Are you Ready?
What You'll Do
• Take full ownership of multiple business processes required to keep our business running all across Canada
• Use your organization and problem-solving skills to make sure everything gets done accurately, on time, every time
• Attain deep understanding of how things work under the hood, anticipate how things could go wrong, and resolve how to fix them when they do
• Keep your manager and senior partners informed on how our business is running and which roadblocks need to be cleared
• Optimize and improve all the processes you own by identifying process gaps or inefficiencies; make recommendations to contribute to the implementation of those solutions
• Tackle discrete projects that will drive step-changes in the quality and efficiency of our compliance operations across Canada
• Work with the US&Canada Regional Team to scale locally-designed solutions, training remote resources, and leading all aspects of execution and quality of outsourced processes
• Act as a liaison to our driver support partners, handling advanced issues, consolidating feedback, and collaborating on troubleshooting and training resources.
Example Projects You Might Support
• Work with our onboarding and document review teams to improve document review timelines and data validation processes
• Coordinate local rollout of global compliance products and processes
• Develop triage guides, troubleshooting resources, and training materials for partner support situations
• 2 years of total work experience
• Bachelor's degree
• Strong analytical skills and experience with Excel
• Experience utilizing SQL or Python is a plus
• Eye for optimization and experience designing or improving processes
• Excellent organization, time management, and prioritization skills
• Ability to balance multiple critical tasks and consistently delivering within set timelines
• Strong attention to detail, history of delivering zero-defect output, and comfort with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment
• Strong communication, with the ability to tell a story about what you are seeing and to propose impactful recommendations
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.