About the Role
The Eats Membership team is responsible for developing and reinventing the UberEats app to be a member-first experience from: price to perks . You will be on a super collaborative team designed to maximize your ability to deliver results. You will be working on code that's closest to the eaters today and consumers in the future. Your work will impact the foundations of Uber Eats around the world. You will be building the biggest lever for Uber Eats.
For an industry synonymous with convenience, it's ironic that the first thing you have to do when you pick up your phone is make a bunch of repetitive decisions. Uber Members will get something nobody else does: a single platform across all their on-demand needs, anywhere in the world, that always guarantees the best: price, selection, priority, and perks.
You will lead projects and drive cross-team collaboration with engineers across various product teams, including UberEats, Rides, FinTech, etc. As a result of your work, our team will deliver impact across various products and business lines. If you are interested in building product facing systems, working on complex system problems, improving user experience, and helping drive Uber's top line metrics then Eater Membership is the team for you.
What You Will Do
• Design, architect and scale features to improve membership
• Deliver ambiguous technical projects within the membership domain
• Build and maintain collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders (e.g. external third parties, designers, PMs) to accomplish work
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field required
• Expertise in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++).
• Perseverance to get things done with a focus on shipping online production systems. Roadblocks don't get in your way - they get you excited for the challenge.
• A deep love of building elegant, maintainable, well-documented code. Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore.
• Drive to always learn new things and go above and beyond.
• 2+ years backend development experience.
• Experience implementing complex projects with multiple dependencies
• Data pipeline experiences: batch offline data and real-time data pipelines.
• Proven experience of shipping high-quality features on schedule.
• A willingness and curiosity to learn both the systems and domain in which you will be solving problem statements
• A great teammate and owner- willing to take on ownership of the systems, and think about operations, maintenance and reliability of his/her systems
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).