About the Role
As Public Policy Manager, New Mobility Products, you are Uber's connection between the new products under development in our Mobility business, our local Policy teams, and the unique and growing audience of policymakers, regulators, researchers, key opinion formers, and the broader public with interests in what we do and how we do it. Our New Mobility Products portfolio includes a suite of innovative and exciting products, as well as a renewed focus on enhancing or expanding existing products in key markets. We are looking for someone to develop our policy positions on these products as they evolve and act as a thought partner to our Operations and Product teams working hard to launch and grow these products and drive recovery for our business. These new products include subscriptions, hailables (including taxi, auto-rickshaw, and motorcycles and mopeds), vehicle rentals, cartop advertising, and more.
You will develop public policy positions on this portfolio of products with a focus on educating and building support with key policy and research stakeholders, as well as working with the business teams launching and growing these products to deliver experiences and outcomes that consider regulatory requirements and the broader policy and political environment. You will drive strategic policy development and narrative construction and contribute to the delivery of the business's global strategy. Over time, your role will also include developing thought partnerships and seeding external research with external stakeholders and business partners to further Uber's policy objectives and program leadership efforts.
You will work with others in Central Public Policy, local Policy teams based in markets around the world, partners in Communications and Marketing, and teams across the Mobility and Product organization, as well as Legal, Finance, and Compliance to establish Uber as a leader in the thoughtful deployment of these new product experiences and technologies. You will raise awareness to build support for Uber's leadership as a technology company in this space.
What You'll Do
• Own, iterate, and support local Policy teams in executing the policy strategy in relation to the New Mobility Products portfolio.
• Provide product counsel on policy issues in relation to these new products, including coordinating efforts across the Central Policy and local Policy teams.
• Collaborate closely with Product teams, and provide product expertise to local Policy teams.
• Work with Uber's teams to develop and deliver principled positions in relation to social institutions, community expectations, and business commitments as well as initiate new programs to build credibility and grow reputation.
• Identify and build a network of relevant third-party advocates. Arrange policy conversations and long-term partnerships, including:
• Regular check-ins with key stakeholders to develop content and key exposures, measure sentiment and identify areas where we can improve
• Organizing and managing events, roundtables, and user forums.
• 5+ years of experience working in or around government, developing and analyzing policy, managing public affairs, and/or navigating and delivering cross-functional projects in complex organizations; experience in the technology sector and/or a marketplace business is strongly preferred.
• Advanced degrees (e.g., JD, MPP, MBA) preferred.
• Outstanding ability to scope, design, prioritize, and execute cross-functional projects. Ability to drive cross-functionally and build positive relationships with internal stakeholders.
• Significant analytical experience, including the ability to analyze data to identify trends and implications.
• Exceptional ability to engage in substantive debate on challenging issues with diverse stakeholders and build trusting and long-lasting relationships externally.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent ability to distill sophisticated, technical challenges and product issues into digestible resources for a wide array of partners, internally and externally.
• Resourcefulness and calmness under pressure.
• A bias towards action.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).