Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life!
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to manage our Public Policy efforts in S. Korea, reporting directly to our Head of Public Policy for S. Korea.
At Uber, working with external partners is business critical and has a real impact in our markets. Policy at Uber is for people who are keen to have skin in the game on business decisions and are passionate about being an advocate for change.
Our Public Policy team is responsible for working with policymakers and third parties to make the positive case for change. That's partly about cultivating positive relationships in the cities in which we operate in S. Korea to help unlock the full potential of our technology. It is also about determining the best local regulatory framework and developing campaigns to achieve positive reform.
What You'll Do
• Strengthen Uber's brand and profile with policy makers- including governments, third parties and academics;
• Work to ensure that the regulatory frameworks in S. Korea enable the benefits of apps like Uber for our customers and the cities we operate in;
• Partner with government and third parties on creative transport solutions;
• Partner with the S. Korea Leadership & Operations teams across both Rides and Eats to support balanced growth of our business; and
• Support Uber's Public Policy team across S. Korea.
What You'll Need
• A self starter: Uber has a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Things change fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
• A great advocate: We're looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple, but intellectually credible, arguments. You'll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories--about our product, people and the ways we're helping to improve life for customers, partners and cities.
• An expert negotiator: An ideal candidate will know how to navigate complex partnerships in both the private and public sector spheres, creating outcome where everybody wins.
• A strong campaigner: At Uber, we are trying to accelerate cities toward the future of urban mobility. To do that, you'll need to put together proactive campaigns involving riders, drivers and delivery-partners and third parties that demonstrate there's a better alternative to the status quo. That means having a bias for action in everything you do--and a willingness to engage in constructively in the debate.
• A phenomenal teammate: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It's why we are looking for well organized people who love working with others to get things done--and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
• Ideally you would have at least 6 years of experience government affairs and policy. We are open to people who have experience in another area, who have a deep understanding of these issues and may be looking for a career change.
Sounds like the right challenge to you? We encourage you to join us now!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.