About the Role
Our Public Policy team is responsible for working with policy makers and third parties to make the positive case for Uber, developing meaningful partnerships that demonstrate how we make the cities in which we operate better.
We are looking for someone to join our Public Policy team in Australia and New Zealand. This position is based in Sydney, and you will report directly to our Head of Public Policy and Government Affairs for Australia and New Zealand.
What You'll Do:
At Uber, working with external stakeholders is business critical and has a real impact in our markets. Policy at Uber is for people who are keen to have skin in the game on business decisions and are excited about being an advocate for change. In this role, you will:
• Work closely in partnership with our business leaders--across Mobility and Delivery--to support new product innovations and to grow Uber's brand and profile with policy makers, including governments, parliamentarians, third parties and academics.
• Represent the business externally, including public speaking engagements, and with State and Federal politicians.
• Develop, own and execute an end to end engagement strategy for specific public policy issues.
What You'll Need:
Ideally you would have 10+ years of experience in government, legal and/or policy. We are open to people who have experience in another walk of life, who intuitively get this stuff and may be looking for a career change.
To succeed you'll need to be:
• A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Things change fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
• A great advocate: We're looking to create new frameworks that encourage innovation and alternatives to individual car ownership. You'll need the intellectual rigor to grasp complex policy issues as well as the ability to articulate clearly and simply how apps like Uber can help improve transportation for everyone--both orally and in writing.
• A thought leader: we're changing the way cities move, so we need people who can help us think about the future.
• A strong campaigner: At Uber, we are trying to accelerate cities toward the future of urban mobility. To do that, you'll need to put together proactive campaigns involving passengers, drivers and third parties that demonstrate there's a better alternative to the status quo. That means having a bias for action in everything you do--and a willingness to engage constructively in the debate.
• A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It's why we're looking for well organised people who enjoy working with others to get things done--and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.