At Uber Eats, City teams are the heart and soul of the company. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to their market to make it successful. In this context, the City Manager role is a rare opportunity to build and shape the future of Uber Eats team in France.
You will have the opportunity to manage one of the biggest French cities, with a strong team located there. As City Manager, your goal will be to shape and drive Uber Eats growth, delivering an amazing service to our users, while building a sustainable and financially robust business.
The role can be based in Paris or Lyon, weekly or bi-weekly travel will be required.
What You'll Do
With your team, you will own the development of your market at 360deg: marketplace, restaurants & couriers partners, local marketing actions, budget and external stakeholders management.
• Strategy: Own your market by defining business priorities, set bold timelines to reach those goals and take financial decisions
• Lead a local team: We have local teams on the ground that will help you manage your business. That's why we look forward to hiring optimistic leaders: developing these teams while shaping the organisation is key to our long term success.
• Develop & Optimize Processes: Uber is a company that moves fast and does things at large scale. You will help design processes; whether it be prospecting, onboarding, account management, training, etc. to fuel growth and drive efficiency.
• Local Courier and Restaurant Partners Relations: Grow number of partners on the platform, manage partner development, monitor metrics, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber Eats system to provide the most reliable food delivery service.
• Data analysis: Uber wouldn't be Uber without all of our data! You will autonomously create analyses and dashboards to the team.
• Product Improvement: Actively search for new features which could improve our eaters, courier and restaurant partners' experience on Uber Eats.
• Work closely with the France Operations Team to implement new processes and products in your city portfolio - and other Territory teams to foster synergies.
What You'll Need
• At least 4 years experience in operations management, management consulting, strategy work in a large business or growing startup
• Willingness to own a market and grow the Uber Eats business there
• Strong team management skills to build and coach the best team to make it shine
• Ability to take initiative and easily adapt to constantly-changing work environment
• Willingness to be proactive and in contact with our courier and restaurant partners.
• Hands-on and eagerness to implement operational schemes in your own city portfolio
• A creative mindset and enjoy putting in place initiatives to solve practical issues
• Data-driven decision making and business judgment through analytical thinking
• Willingness to lead a market and strenghten the Uber Eats' business there.
• Fluency in French is required
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.