The Observability Applications suite includes building the right experiences across:
• uMonitor - Uber's alert configuration and execution engine that provides real-time alerting for Uber services. uMonitor as a product also serves as a cohesive entry point/observability portal for our engineers to discover observability golden signals and help investigate outages across the observability toolset.
• Our deeply integrated On-Call Experience suite of tools, which gives on-call engineers everything they need to track the SNR of alerts and to drive improvements in their team health by reducing alert load, raise, track and close outage incidents, manage postmortems, analyze alert and incident data.
As an Engineering Manager in the Observability/Reliability Platform team you will:
• Work with cross-functional stakeholders to build roadmaps that aligns with the broader infrastructure vision
• Be responsible for roadmap execution and delivery of projects with high quality
• Grow, coach, and develop a team of software engineers
• Hire high-quality engineering talent for the team
• Help define the engineering culture and uphold the processes that will shape the future of the team
• Help define the future of on call experience for Uber engineers and Incident Management process globally
• BS, MS or PhD degree in computer science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
• 2+ years experience minimum with direct people management, including growing and mentoring junior and senior engineers
• Experience in leading teams who build large-scale distributed systems
• Experience across the full tech stack (backend / frontend)
• Have proven track record working across a larger organization not just across teams
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.