|State||District of Columbia|
About the Team
Uber's growing Federal Affairs team is on the front lines of advancing Uber's public policy priorities at the highest levels of the U.S. Government. They are a team of self-starters with demonstrated successes in complex political environments.
About the Role
We are looking for a proactive, aggressive, seasoned public affairs professional to join our growing federal team in Washington, DC. In this role, you'll be responsible for helping to build and execute an essential communications plan to advance Uber's federal affairs goals. You will also respond in real time to press inquiries about Uber as it relates to the U.S. federal government. You will report directly to Uber's Director of Federal Public Affairs and work in close coordination with the Federal team as well as the global Communications team.
What You'll Do
• Communicate clearly, accurately, and persuasively to convey the company's position to external audiences including the media and third parties
• Identify opportunities for Uber to shape public policy debates before key federal policy making audiences
• Design a federal engagement strategy (e.g. speaking opportunities, conferences, panels) for company leaders
• Work with federal team to identify opportunities to engage with advocacy organizations, host events, speak on panels, and serve as a sponsored transportation provider at high profile events
• Work through crisis communications across Uber to respond quickly to the issues of the day
• Build and maintain relationships with key political and tech journalists to tell the story of Uber and the federal team
• You will have 5+ years experience including work in high paced campaign, government or corporate settings
• Driven self starter who is ready to roll up sleeves and get things done.
• Superb writing and verbal skills with the ability to distill complex ideas into simple, but intellectually credible, arguments
• Highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure
• Well-organized, hungry to learn, able to work in a fast paced cross functional work environment
• Capitol Hill and campaign experience a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).