On the Rides Engineering team, we write code that ignites opportunities for millions of people every day. We're focused on making Uber's core ridesharing products faster, safer, and more reliable by building scalable software solutions for riders and drivers on our platform.
About the Role
On the product side, we're crafting and building the most highly trafficked experiences in the Rider App, including the homescreen, messaging, and core trip flow. As we scale the number of ways riders can use Uber, we're working with UberAI to build Uber's first personalized surfaces that understand what riders want in real time.
On the platform side we're building a flexible, backend driven UI, that enables teams across Uber to reach Uber customers in the right context. We work closely with every team that builds in the Rider App including Transit, Micromobility, and UberEats to help them scale faster and reach more riders.
As a Mobile Engineer you'll work across both product and the platform features in the flagship Uber app.
What You'll Do
• Define & build the frameworks that power the core Rider App experience
• Fully own features from ideation with design and product, to working with data science to design experiments that continuously improve our products
• Build relationships with engineers across Uber from product teams like Transit, UberEats, and Micromobility to core infrastructure teams like Mobile and Backend Platform
• Implement user-facing and platform features with the latest iOS technologies
• Design platforms for server driven UI and personalization that enable teams like Reservations, Delivery, and Car Rentals to build phenomenal experiences in the core app
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• Strong experience w/ either Obj-C and/or Swift
• 1+ years of professional experience building in either mobile platform/sdk/dev tools, or mobile consumer facing features
• At least two (2) years of software engineering experience
• Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences and feature developments.
• Previous contributions to creating efficiency or positive cultural initiatives within your team
• Strong expertise in mobile foundations and SDK/framework developments.
• Ability to independently own and drive projects
• Previously worked on mobile apps that scale to millions of users.
• Proven expertise in mobile foundations and SDK/framework developments.
• Proficient with new feature development, bug fixing, performance testing and cross-team collaboration.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).