About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer II you will make an impact in the real world using exciting and new technology. You will work on a fast-paced solutions oriented marketplace team, looking to create robust and powerful frontend products that power the critical internal configuration platform for Fares @ Uber.
What You'll Do
As a member of the Marketplace Fares Solutions team, you will be doing just that: building out and expanding our powerful Fares systems to help build features and drive key new product launches at Uber.
• You will be responsible for development of our platform framework infrastructure and libraries to improve user experience.
• You will have a deep understanding of the problems our platform solves for. You will also get to work with many different parts of the company in helping drive projects that impact millions of customers.
• Coaching junior team members
• 8+ years of total software development experience including as a full-stack developer
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a similar field or equivalent practical experience
• Experience working with web application development frameworks such as NodeJS, React, Redux, Angular, Next or similar
• Experience in designing and developing large scale distributed systems and scalable backend services utilizing a microservices architecture
• Strong language skills using Go, Java, C++, C, and/or Python
• Experience building and shipping features end-to-end (frontend and backend) in partnership with Product Managers and UX Designers
• High bar for quality as demonstrated by code reviews, documentation, unit and integration testing
• Experience with NoSql and relational databases
About the Team
The Marketplace Fares Team powers global fares for all of Uber - that's all riders, drivers, eaters, new initiatives and technical consumers. Tens of billions of dollars in gross bookings flow through the systems and experiences within our responsibility. Our scope and critical work spans the entire stack - from platform fare calculation for riders and drivers, to data science prediction of trustworthy upfront prices, to compelling mobile fare experiences for our customers. Fares is a full stack team with two product-centric tracks (Rider Fares & Driver Fares) and multiple platform-centric tracks (Fares Platform, Intelligence, Experiences, and Solutions). On this team, you'll work closely with product, operations, data science, and engineering teams throughout the company.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).